Now I understand that we are all a little scared to become old, but that does not always mean it is a bad thing. Many people now are resorting to plastic surgeries to "drink from the fountain of youth" rather than for medical related issues. We have become a society looking more and more like robots that cannot function or show emotion because we are so filled with injections and implants. There has got to be some point in a person's life where they have got to draw the line though. In class, while talking about this whole idea of growing old and if you would resort to plastic surgery to try and save some years it made me think about the show "Nip Tuck". Personally I like watching this show because in a way you become like a psychiatrist and wonder sometimes what possesses people to adjust themselves like this. And the one line from the show that always sticks in my head is "What don't you like about yourself?" Not, "How can we help you?" or "why are you here?" but immediately put yourself down so we can try to lift you up with some "amazing" age restoring options. I also thought about this lady who I have seen on the tv who said she is 34 years old and has had over 40 plastics surgeries done in here life. That is more that 1 a year since she was born!! And honestly she looks worse than ladies who are her age cause it is so fake/ unrealistic. You begin to lose sight into life and how aging is actually all a part of this journey of slowing down and just letting life lead you where you need to go and what you need to look like. We were asked if we would ever consider plastic surgery for non medical reasons, but for reason to turn back the hands of time. I say bring on the wrinkles! I would rather age gracefully than to inject or cut my body open in the sake of keeping a few years. Plus who is to say that by looking a few years younger you will actually live a little longer? I am ready to just let time take its course and if I am that scary looking then people have the option not to look at me. In the end we are all gonna sag a little and get some wrinkles no matter how many times you get surgery done. It is a way of life, and as long as you are happy that should be all you need.

No comments:
Post a Comment